Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Testing Our Title Scroll

On Tuesday night Jonathan and I met up so that we could shoot our project and have some footage to edit with after the fact. We had everything ready with our camera and the shots that we wanted to gather but once we began, it started raining. We tried to wait it out and get some footage but it didn't let up for the entire night.

In order to make sure that we didn't waste all of our time, we wanted to try and create an idea of what our opening title sequence would look like. Our title, Aberration, comes down onto the screen when the camera tilts up from Peter's body in the story. The font, as discussed my post on 3/11/19 shows the red color and one of the crooked/contorted fonts that we liked. In this video we went with the Chiller font just to test it out.



The tilt-up done here was from my car into the night sky because the tilt in our actual video will be up into a dark sky as well. Along with that, I edited this in Adobe Premiere (seen above) and it allowed me to create the drag and opacity change that I used.

The scroll down is done quite simply as you can click on a text box, ours saying "Aberration", that you want to use and then it is now mobile. You can drag the text box anywhere you want from the start of the scene to the end and to create the movement you simply set a primary location and a final location for the text box to move along.

The opacity was also not hard as it is the same concept as the text scroll I had just done. I simply set a primary amount of opacity at a specific time and then a final level at a specifc time as well. My goal was to have the background become darker as the text reaches the end of the screen.

I am well versed in Premiere so doing this didn't take me long and I think that for the base of the editing in the project I will be able to handle it in an efficient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment