Sunday, March 31, 2019

Prep and a Crazy Night of Filming

Coming back from my vacation, Jonathan and I used the remainder of our spring break to finish shooting for our film opening. On Friday night, I went over to his house and we set up everything that we would need to shoot and on Saturday night we shot all of the footage.

On that Friday night we no longer had the rolling cart that we used for the bar scene because I had to return it but we did have the step ladder and a couple other items laying around in Jonathan's garage that allowed us to get the right height level for both Jonathan and I. We ended up placing an old toaster oven, an empty crate, and a box of wipes on top of the step ladder which we also used for the bar scene to place the tripod on top of. This can be seen in the picture below.


We also wanted to use fake blood for the scene at the lamp post where Homer beats up Peter so Jonathan went out an purchased the ingredients we needed ahead of time and found a YouTube video that allowed us to make the blog. Below is the video along with a picture of the blood that we ended up creating.




We also spread blood on a white shirt that Jonathan had at his house so that we could have it ready ahead of time for the beat up scene at the lamp post.


On Saturday we then shot our project. The primary location was outside of Jon's house for the outside of the bar scene that we were created. To do this we placed the phone on the stepping ladder shown above and we used my car and darkness to create the scenery.

A few of the shots that I particularly liked were the ones where had Jonathan pressing his body weight down in the trunk of my car to show it bumping down while I was in front of him to indicate the action of me putting a body in my trunk. Along with this shot, I liked the shot I filmed of Jonathan limping past a light into darkness.



While we were filming by the lamp post and the bridge we had a few issues when cars kept passing by obstructing the shot so we had to take some of them multiple times.

Another event that happened was at some point past midnight when we were filming the shot of Jonathan running past the bridge a man drove past us in his truck with a modification on his horn that made it the sound and intensity of a train horn. I was about a foot away from the car and I jumped up and screamed at the top of my lungs.

After this event for the remainder of our shoot, Jonathan and I were both startled by the cars passing by, specifically trucks, and concerned with passing cars seeing a person on the ground near a lamp post in a bloody shirt.

We surprisingly lucked out and sprinted back to my car the second we finished shooting and never looked back.

While there were serious doubts that our lamp post location was not eerie and creepy coming from our classmates and instructor, I can emphatically guarantee you that after I literally got the life scared out of me, that there should be no doubts in anybody's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment