Sunday, March 17, 2019

Group Meeting Numero Dos

A few weeks ago I made a post about a group meeting where I met with other students in my class who are doing different projects for their exam (magazine/film opening). The premise of the meeting that took place this past class was to show the development that everybody has made in their project since the previous meeting. My focus during this meeting was to relay the major transition that Jonathan and I made from moving past the idea of wanting to use the song ‘Breakfast in America’ by Supertramp and explain the new eerie idea we have for the suspenseful demented character in Homer. I explained how we want to have him stand by a lamp post and create two parallel events that will link at the end. I also explained the idea behind our title 'Aberration' and how we landed on our title and the font that corresponds with it.

The major takeaway that I gathered from this meeting is that there is a high chance that we might have to abandon some of the story or shots that we have in mind for the sake of the timing allowed in the two minutes of the opening. This might cause a shortage in our story ark or in our events. Taking this information Jonathan and I have addressed some ideas that we might try to cut but we want to have footage before we make a final decision.

Another major takeaway that I gathered is the amount of time that the editing is going to take. The majority of this is going to come from the sense of parallel scenes that we will be trying to create through the editing, the voiceover matching the movement of Homer's mouth in the zoom out scenes, and the title scroll down being in sync with the tilt up of the camera. To make sure that there is enough time I will be editing as much of the project as I can during spring break which begins next weekend. I have set out multiple time slots with a multitude of hours in each of them where I can edit and if I need consultation I will easily be able to contact Jonathan.

Overall, I now have a clear idea of how much time I am going to need to allocate for each part of my project and what was liked/dislike in my project. From the reception, I gathered people like the title and all the ideas that we have but a heavy dislike or concern was to ensure we are not steering towards a trailer feeling with such a quick paced opening. 

This week Jonathan and I will hopefully finish all of the shooting that we need and then the editing will start immediately after that. I feel as if we are on a good pace and that there is no need to stress or worry about any constraints that we have for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment